Keep it simple bt organised
- Hi I m 27 n I have been collecting information fr about 8 yrs now. My bos is a simple diary with lots of important info in it. It has been decorated with few pagan symbols thts it.
- —Guest Honey
Book of Shadows
- My Book of Shadows holds magickal correspondences, spells and their results, altar layouts, rituals, etc. of course. But one thing I've done that I've never seen before is to include a chapter for my personal journal.
- —Guest Dallben
E-BOS Appropriate 4 Modern Witches
- I like to have my spells and recipes handy in a pinch so I use a folder in my computer. The actual folder is called "Book of Shadows". It has articles like Patti's, images I love, spells I have written and others I have liked, and rituals I have used. It is handy and I can access it on all my devices (phone and tablet). In my ritual room at home, I have a more compact printed out version of my BOS on my computer. I use that when I camp otherwise I use my E-BOS. Blessed Be ALL
- —Guest Raven Skye
My Book Of Shadows
- My book of shadows is currently an empty book in my dresser. I studied Wicca for about six years but just recently dedicated myself to the religion.
- —Guest Aizlyn
- I just started my bos a few weeks ago but I know if my parents ever found out they would never let me do it again because they would assume that I'm assosiated in a devil worshipper group
- —Guest Dark Crow
My First Book of Shadows
- I just purchased my first journal that is going to be my BOS. I'm not entirely ready to dedicate myself to any religion yet, and am still exploring. This is a great reference site. Thankyou!
- —Guest EdnaX!
- At the moment I'm a 14 year old girl. I've studied wicca since I was in 6th grade. I've currently made the desision to start my BOS. I Android using a composision note book, painted whit, with symbols that inspire me. I'm also using colored pencils to write with, because of my strong tie to creativity. I hope this helps people.
- —Guest kat
my first book of shadows
- I am newly converted to paganism. My family however is Christian and they do not know of my conversion. I keep my book very cleverly hidden. I do have a wiccan aunt and a wiccan friend so it feels good not to be alone in this. My book of shadows doesn't contain much at this moment but I'm hoping as the years go by it will turn into the sacred text it is meant to be. I will also be creating a grimoire and a book of my own spell cast creations. I am so excited and i am planning my first ritual with my friend. Thank you for making this site and helping me create my BOS. Thank you.
- —Guest transcendcircle
My Reference BOS
- I haven't been studying wicca for very long but I did want someplace I could organize pertinent information and ideas for rituals, spells etc. So I started a purely referential Book of Shadows. I got a plain white binder and filled it with page protectors, then I got as many guides such as the Wiccan Rede, Moon Phase Calendar and wheel of the year just as examples and started filling in the pages, that way when I do start my dedicated BOS I have somewhere to start. I am also covering the front of my binder with pictures of friends and loved ones, pictures I see and smile so I can have a positive connection with my preliminary BOS. I think i will start my Official BOS when I finally decide a path and am ready to dedictae myself (I've already decided to practice as a solitary at least for now). My major goal now is to practice grounding and centering so I am spiritually ready for deciding my path etc.
- —Guest Rachellynn
- i have been pagan for 2 and a half years now i am 20 years old and i have had 2 book of shadows a ring binder where i put print offs in and a written as i feel more of a connection to this one i use it the most my writing is not very good as i am dyslectic but i understand it and no one will read it unless i show them it but it is well organised as i am good at that.
- —Guest samantha 91
- I'm 13, and a Wiccan. I have just began my Book of Shadows, and it's going great. I was born in July and my element is water, so I study alot of water spells, and white magick. It is neatly organized, and I record every spell I learn. I also keep track of my premonitions (because I'm psychic) and it's going great. I have good hand writing for a boy, so I can easily understand what has been written. And I'm using a thick, leather black notebook, and it's fantastic :)
- —Guest Brandon
- I AM CREATING A BOS, WITH SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES, I HAVE ONLY DONE A FEW PAGES, BUT IT LOOKS AWESOME
- —Guest kite
- I just started my new BOS. I've been Wiccan for about 7 months and now feel ready to start an official BOS.
- —Guest Ray
- My BOS isn't so much a book as it is a binder--it's bigger than most 3-rings, it zips up and has a pocket both on the front of it and a larger pocket inside that has five separate folder sections. I find it much more useful than having an action *book*, because I have a lot more space and I can add and remove pages much more easily. My actual pages are separated into several categories--Basic Information, Tarot, Herbalism, Stones, Spells, Tales and Lore, and Personal Notes.
- —Guest Ari
My Book of Shadows
- A lot of people have been saying that the book should immediately "speak to you", and while I'm sure this has been the experience of many, for me I bought me book (dark brown leather cover, A4 with unlined ivory pages) feeling slightly unsure whether it would be the one; however, after owning it only a few days I feel certain I made a good choice, and can't wait to start writing in it!! I suppose it's like love, sometimes it's at first sight and sometimes it develops over time ;) I've never written a BOS before, and building up my nerve to start is a bit of a challenge. I'm just wary of messing up and ruining how beautiful the book already looks! Some of the ideas on here have given me a bit of a boost though, and I think I should be ready to start soon!! Blessed be x
- —Guest Ronaele