Such is the modern life
- My BOS is actually several different books. Every thing from a spiral notebook to a really neat napal made book. My main one that contains everything is actually on my computer in the OneNote program. This Program is awesome for BOS'
- —Guest Crisa
Love my BOS
- Have bin practicing for 20yrs and can't do without my BOS. I swear the binder and sheet protectors are the best invention ever. Have had to split BOS into three binders into Spells, Herbal and Spiritual Lore. I also can't do without my computer and printer as handwriting gets a bit illegible after a while, and besides, I done enough of that in school. The printer is a blessing and so is the digital camera. Just because I practice the old religion doesn't mean I can't use modern means. I hope all these tools make practicing the craft a little easier when I'm 90 or so. I also am creative and use paint, crayons, pencils and glitter pens to dress up my print outs so it has my fingerprint on it. Because I make changes so often with the seasons and the times as well as when the mood takes me, clicking a file, saving another version and then making the changes to any ritual fulfills that creative need. If I don't like it, I delete the file and go back to the original. Saves on paper etc...
- —Guest Summerlight
My Modern Book of Shadows
- I currently have two BOS's. One was a journal I received for my birthday, that had this mysterious aura about it, the other is a two inch thick binder that I've been updating for five years. The former I use for my personal spells, and the latter I use for those spells I've acquired from other places.
- —Guest fiery temper
- I dedicated it yrs ago with my fingerprint in a drop of blood in the inside cover...
- —Guest Black Kat
finest BOS on ebay
- I wanted a beautiful wooden book found it on ebay. It cost around $40 12"x12" wooden covers i cut the back cover and added 2 hinges so that the whole thing lays down..I am in Farmington michigan for help firstname.lastname@example.org
- —Guest scalplocktaker
Books of Shadows
- I have been Wiccan for almost 20 years, and studying the craft for probably 10-15 years before that. Over the course of years i have compiled quite a lot of information and performed many spells/rites/rituals. about 3 years ago i organized into 3 different BOS, one mostly spell/ritual oriented with poetry and art work of the season to seperate, one is strictly for my group rituals/ artwork/ and poetry, and the 3rd houses correspondences for candles, colors, herbs, and moon, sabbat/esbat information, lore (even the flying spaghetti monster), witch/wiccan jokes, ethics, rede, god/goddess info, everything i needed to teach my daughter, neices and friends (this one i share). A BOS is a personal extension of who you are, what you feel and what you believe in. there are no right and wrong ways. it comes down to what is right for you. if you like it, think you may need it, then add it in someplace. I also have most everything typed up on computer. have fun with it! ~BB~
- —Guest cateyes
- I am completely disorganized and scatter brained, so my Book of Shadows is the exact same way. I'm hopping to change that.
3-Ring Binder: Book of Shadows
- When I just started my BOS I used a lovely journal, but quickly found out it wasn't as useful because it wouldn't remain open if I laid it down. So, I switched to a 3-ring binder, using page-protectors. I LOVE this method, as I can easily organize my pages (using dividers) for Esbat Rituals, Sabbat Rituals, and general spells. Then, I can flip to what I need during the ritual! Plus, I can add and subtract information when I need to! I handwrite all the information on beautiful parchment-like paper, so there's still some old-world appeal. :)
- —Guest Hazel Nightshade
- I HAVE BEEN TAKING YOUR E-COURSE FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW OR A LITTLE LONGER.I AM REALLY ENJOYING IT.I THINK THIS IS EASIER FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND,ESPECIALLY W/ THE PICTURES INCLUDED.i HAVE STARTED ON NUMEROUS BOOKS EVEN A RECIPE BOOK OF MY OWN RECIPES.i LIKE COLORFUL PAGES ,SO I BOUGHT MANY DIFFERENT COLORS OF PAPER AND PICTURES AND BORDERS I PRINT OFF INTERNET OR WIN ON LISTIA.I GIVE THE ARTIST IDEAS OF WHAT I THINK I WOULD LIKE OR OTHERS MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN AND SHE DRAWS THEM AND PUTS THEM IN PDF FORMAT SO I CAN PRINT OUT AS MANY AS I CHOOSE.I AM NOT PRACTICING YET AS I WANT TO KNOW ALOT MORE INFO BEFORE I START.ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN TO A CRONING CEREMONY,WHICH HONORED A GREAT WOMAN I KNEW.I TRULY ENJOYED THAT.i HAVE PICKED OUT A NAME ALSO.THAT WAS INTERESTING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WOULDN'T WORK FOR ME&/OR WHAT WOULD.MY CREATIVE JUICES ARE FLOWING.I THINK I WILL HAVE A HUGE BOS OR MANY .
My BOS is in progress
- I have been studying for a little over 4 years. My BOS is a work in progress and I think it will be a life long work. Most of my learned lessons, ideas and feelings I have typed into Word so that I could print it when I feel it is complete. Only every time I thing it might be ready to print and I read it again, I make some changes, so for now it is stored on my PC. I’m also working on a binder to put it in and with this I am being very creative. Some articles that I have saved that I feel are very helpful I will put into it for now. I like the scrapbook idea and will look for some creative ideas. I do not have anyone that I can talk to about my chosen path. My husband is very supportive and believes as I do but is not ready for any commitments. Thank you for the space it is nice to know there are others we believe as I do.
- —Guest CaruGrace14
- I have been a Wiccan for about two years now. My first bos was a black composition notebook that included spells, the Wiccan rede and law, moon phases,etc. Now I'm almost finished with my second bos, and I have included more chakra meditations. in both my bos I have wrote daily entries of my day, my beliefs and how my spells went.
- —Guest Geranium Rose
In the cloud (with my head)
- I have moved my magical record into the cloud, using Evernote. That way, it is available on my phone, my main PC, and any other web device. I have it shared with my wife/Priestess. It includes photos, graphics, and audio. Unlike my various handwritten journals, I can actually READ what I write in this one! It is also right there handy with the various magical apps on my phone.
- —Guest Freeman Presson
Keep it simple bt organised
- Hi I m 27 n I have been collecting information fr about 8 yrs now. My bos is a simple diary with lots of important info in it. It has been decorated with few pagan symbols thts it.
- —Guest Honey
Book of Shadows
- My Book of Shadows holds magickal correspondences, spells and their results, altar layouts, rituals, etc. of course. But one thing I've done that I've never seen before is to include a chapter for my personal journal.
- —Guest Dallben
E-BOS Appropriate 4 Modern Witches
- I like to have my spells and recipes handy in a pinch so I use a folder in my computer. The actual folder is called "Book of Shadows". It has articles like Patti's, images I love, spells I have written and others I have liked, and rituals I have used. It is handy and I can access it on all my devices (phone and tablet). In my ritual room at home, I have a more compact printed out version of my BOS on my computer. I use that when I camp otherwise I use my E-BOS. Blessed Be ALL
- —Guest Raven Skye