Brand New BOS.
- I have literally only just this MINUTE started my BOS... currently consisting of a title page (Gotta start somewhere). This book has a wooden cover, with a pentacle on the front, the pages tided by strings. I fell in love with it whilst on holiday and as I began to write in it I could feel my pace quicken, further proving it's significance to me. However, this BOS will act more as a Grimoire to me; As I love my organisation, I would like to have separate books (or divisions in a ring binder) of any additional information I gain; For example, I would not like to put Herb Lore in my BOS right now, and then move on to another section, in case I need to go back etc. This way my information and own ritual/spell workings are kept as organised as possible. Wish me luck! Blessed be guys! X
- —Guest Abbie
My Book of Shadows
- Mine is a small, three-ringed binder that is pink. I am hoping to get a large journal sooner or later, for I have to keep adding sheets of paper to it when I want to add something. I hold all of my entries, spells, reminders, and almost everything else besides my wand and crystals. :)
- —Guest Carissa
MY First BOS
- Hi. I'm just now getting started in the craft. I'm working on a first draft of my first BOS. I have had a very hard time because everyone is very uncomfortable with the subject of wicca. I am a solitary, but I would love advice. Thanks. Blessed Be.
- —Guest Mystery Guest
In the works
- I have had a very hard spirtal road so far I have tasted many believes and could not find a home I studied and practiced wicca in my late teens with little to no guidance and found my self lost on how to bring it to my adult life when I had my daughter I gave it up compleatly do to my ex and now I feel my self longing something that can be filled I am coming home to the only spirtaul path that made me whole am in the works of hand crafting my book of shadows as we speak I am aging paper and I have the large sheets that when folded in half make a 8x10 I will be making my own padden cloth cover and also binding it all my self I am going to be buying a caligligerghay set and foutian pin and all just for writing in it. I had one in the works before but some destoryed I am going so over the top with this book because I need to be. Something inside is screaming at me to give my self this much reward and I am going to find that peace i once had agian.
- —Guest Dani
- I have been studying Wicca for over a decade. Unfortunately, I lost my first Book of Shadows in a move. Now I have my main Book of Shadows, which is a 3-ring binder chalked full of info. I also keep a Mirror Book or a magical journal, which is adorable. It has the Wicked Witch of the West on the cover and its pages. Lastly I keep a grimoire with all my spells and rituals of all sorts. Its a beautiful thick, black journal that I only use during magickal work. I also have serveral composition books that I use for Wicca-related notes. I am also going to start an herbal soon. I basically have a library of books I write in lol. I love it!
- —Guest WeepingWillow
- Being a 'modern' witch my BOS is on my desktop. Iv got a folder full of documents, images and such. So much easier to keep orginised.
- —Guest Fiona
- I'm really just getting started on mine. I want to learn and gather the information that I find to be needed in my craft from correspondences of crystals and herbs, to rituals, to even the everyday things like home remedies, and then start with a nice leather bound book or something like that so it will last a long time. My plan, after gathering the info and getting a big enough book, or multiple smaller ones, is to hand write it using calligraphy and I plan to create the illustrative work myself, so that it can be appreciated more after it's been passed on. Although I have to admit there is one thing I plan to do with it once I'm well into the project, I have a spell that will protect the B.O.S. from harm, if harm does come to it, like it's stolen or destroyed by somebody who doesn't like me, it curses them (not to death, but it's still pretty bad). You just write it in the BOS somewhere, I plan to put it on the front page, where people will be able to be warned first thing.
- —Guest Guest Aryn
- i went to a book store and got a notebook size journal that was on clearance. I seperated into sections with ribbons and marked it. Then decorated it with stickers and such. I also made my daughter the same kind of book.
- —Guest Vicki
Ideas for BOS
- I have many different BOS.. Some are wood,some are leather, some are fabric, and some are scrolls... A BOS doesnt have be anything glamorous or expensive at all... A simple note book will do, A binder.... In my many different ones I have a Moon BOS of moon rites, Then I have a BOS for the 8 Sabbats and all the different ways to hold the rites... The history and lore, I have one for my herbs and their uses madicinally or magickally... So many different ways to make one.. Spells and everything..
- —Guest Roxanne joy
- My BOS is currently a white half inch binder with a sheet of paper in the front with some stickers I earned at an arcade. I keep everything in it and its all neatly printed from the computer except for a few things that I had to hand write in myself. Since a friend and I are slowly working on building our own coven my current book is also being used as a coven book and is something we share on a regular basis and I regularly update myself and plan on continuing to do so. She also updates it whenever she can and we both hope to have a coven that is also willing to add to it.
- —Guest Lacran
my special B.O.S.
- I have been trying to find a bos that i like for years now. I have a basic 3 ring binder with MANY dividers. I never really liked it but it works so i never changed it and one day I was working in it and my two and five year old wanted to help me with it so i had then draw and color pretty pictures on my dividers and make my pages to use as the cover and now i love it to death
My current BOS
- At the moment all I have for my BOS is a binder with protective covers filled with the pages. I have it separated into the BOS and what I like to call the Mirror Book, or MB The Mirror Book is where I put the stuff I need for my spells...I have it set up so that all I have to do is insert my spell of choice in the empty slot, and there is a whole ritual before and after the spell itself for easy reference. It's easier to me doing this than putting the same things in every spell...the opening, the closing, the consecration...etc. The BOS i'm putting together however, I've typed up my BOS on the computer and have a title page for it with a graphic I put together myself to make it unique to me, and I took the cardboard out of a binder and punched holes in it with a jack knife to match up with holes in binder paper, and I'm going to create my new BOS from scratch
- —Guest angel among men
- My BOS is more of a recipt book. Its a 100 sheet Journal size book i made myself. There is no real flow to except at the front where i keep the basics: My personal code of conduct, Color chart, Day and moon chart. The rest of the book I have the info i want to put in but i let the book decide where it should go. So it would look rather Chaotic if some were too look through it lol.
- —Guest FolkwytchofOhio
- I actually use two different books. My main BOS, the one with all my correspondences, rituals, and sacred texts is a black cloth zip binder. I put all my pages in plastic protectors and I separate all my stuff with tabbed dividers, like I would a school binder. It's great for adding and rearranging things. The binder also has a small file pocket folder where I put recipes for potions, incense, Sabbat- themed food and drink. It doesn't look "witchy" on the outside, but it's the best thing ever! Everything is organized and at my fingertips! My second BOS is a small, black leatherbound journal which is only for spells.
- —Guest Amaranth Moon
- When I first started a small bos it was like a diary with a triquetra on the front. Blessed Be Charmed! That got full with spells and info very face. I tried a loose leaf binder but felt I was back in High School. I found a web store that made them on special order. So I bit my tongue and ordered one. I truly love it. It has a triquetra and my magical name wood-burnedon the front and I have had many compliments on it. Me and my color printer have become very close friends. As well as Wal-Mart for more cartridges(ink). The pages are in protective plastic covers and are in sections like a regular book would be. I have a table of contents, a dedication page, consecration rituals, dedication for god n goddess and then I followed the table of contents and filled it up. I took Paige's advice (Charmed) and put a post-it note on the pages I use the most. Not color coded though. I had to add more protective pages for future spells etc.