Bright Orange Notebook
- For ages I was looking for the perfect book notebook to make into my BOS. Without any luck with ringbinders, I decides I was way too picky. Then I found an empty orange notebook on my bookshelf and thought it was perfect :). I drew a pentagram on the front and covered it with pictures of leaves. So far I've written about my interest in Wicca, basic ethics, wheel of the year (I've left a page empty for each festival so I can fill it in later), a few pages on deities (however I've decided I'm going to get a second book because I have so much to write about deities but if I put it in my BOS it would fill up the book). I have left a page for books I've read (0 at the moment, going to buy some tomorrow). Soon I'm going to do a page on commonly used symbols and their meanings, and maybe candle colours. But I'm pretty new so I probably won't be putting spells in for a while (I'll probably make another seperate book though, mines so small :P) Blessed be :)
- —Guest Ellen
- I just did my BOS and it's in one of those mini diary books. Progress? I've made 10 rules and copied an article about magic. I know this is going to work! Because I've been wanting to be a witch since I was 11 but I stopped believing because whatever I wished for didn't come true. ( I wasn't that smart to look up articles on the internet) I'm just afraid.. that what if I don't really believe in this anymore? Please can anyone reply to me? Will I still be able to be a witch with enough dedication? Can I strengthen my beliefs in magic? I'm not an atheist but I don't really believe in a religion... please reply!
- —Guest theslightly passive one
my books of shadows
- i am going to have two because i love to research and will fill them with ethics and responsibilities, deity, correspondences, magical healing(chakras, crystals, herblore etc.) kitchen with, ritual and spell work, sabbats and esbats and many more to come
- —Guest gemstonefairy
- i started mine by handwritting on lined paper in a binder, that got real messy and disorganized so now its on my laptop in a dedicated folder with subfolders and sections and if i need something for a ritual etc i just print what i need
- —Guest Heather
- i have been practicing for a little over a year an i just made my bos it was actually easier thsan i thought all you need is paper cardboard and fabric the best way to learn is from videos on youtube they give u guidence on how to make one its alot of help i just started writing in it on the last full moon i am very happy with the way it turned out
- —Guest witchraft rocks
My New BOS
- I've been practicing Wicca for over a year now, and for my anniversary, I remade my BOS in a new notebook. It's much more organized and has updated information. I plan on giving my old one to my sister when she comes of age.
- —Guest WindWitch
- i am only starting wicca so my bos isnt quite good yet and im a very lousy writer so its a bit messy. i have started with just a notebook and will improve from there
- —Guest moon stone
Trying to Get Orgaized
- I'm starting my BoS today actually, I've been reading and studying and I think it's time for me to put down the information I've learned. I'm starting with a three ring binder so I can move and arrange things and when I have enough information I might copy it down into a journal. I have a beautiful blue cloth cover one with flowers on the front as I'm drawn to flowers and trees as opposed to the other elements.
- —Guest Saleana
my book of shadows
- my book is a black version of the one from charmed i orderd from witchesmoon.net. it has 500 pages and 5 ribbion book marks.
- —Guest raven moonshade
I enjoy reading about your BOS's
- I'm a solitary. I've had personal journals since I was a kid. I used to put magic in there as an interesting thing. Now that I've been practicing for a few years on/off now (I doubt myself) I've decided it was time to make one. I've taken a single piece of wood and cut it to the form of a book. With hinges and metal edges. I'm going to burn something into the cover and maybe back later. It's bulky and capable of holding a formidable amount of info with removable pins to extend it's width. I will transfer everything into it except spells. I plan on lacquering it. I started it's construction by coincidence just before the start of a new moon. I take all my magic seriously. I've poured my sweat into it literally, and I will probably ink the cover with my blood. That way it will truly be owned and part of me. If anyone is practicing in the south San Jose, California area email me.
- —Guest Bones
My Book of Shadows
- Celtic Blue Patterns and Symbols Emblazoned front in cloth. Inside is homemade paper, which is recycled. Save the Earth! Have Chants, and spells, usually all homemade. Have all the festivals, and esbats, etc. Coven and solitary. I spend a lot of time making it elaborate. I even have a formulary, and incense guide, plus a section for my garden ptions, spells, and other misc stuff.
- —Guest Ean
- Im new to magic, very new actually and ive been thinking about my book ... it will be pretty big and im going to fill it with my homemade spells [if i can make any]. this sounds like a good idea and i might join a coven but right now i enjoy making the rules so im keeping it that way. im 13 and dont knw much about magic so if anyone has any tips for me could you please email me at [redacted] as i would be very grateful [dont forget to mention that u r replying to this] but anyway im going to give it a go [can i make my own spells ?] [is it easy ?] i hope i can make a spell to summon a ghostly butler as that would be soooo helpful..... thanks for reading.
- —Guest Spyro
- Well, i'm starting mine tommorrow, though t is planned out and bought. Being 13 and modern (along with the first in my entire family tree to become wiccan), i decided to do something to represent me- not my Goddess, not the stereotypical Wiccan. so, it's one of those cloth-covered 3 ring binders with the netted zipper in front. and it's pink. it's from big lots :D. the thing is, i know it's right for me. it's the sort of thing i can carry around anywhere without being questioned, and it represents me an is my favorite color. it has 10 dividers inside, which will be labeled: Studies, Herbs and Stones, Rituals, Sabbats, Esbats, Spells, Deities, Journal, Artwork, Personal. personal would be like other (stores, ect.) yeah, it's a lot. yeah, i may add in MORE dividers later. but i think i will be using all of those. my goal is to start my own Wiccan study group for my friends interested in Wicca, and maybe start a coven. doubtful? yes. but i'm hopeful, and the Goddess will show me my path.
- —Guest onynx
My book of shadows
- My own personal BOS is about 3 inches thick but, I've split it into 5 sections one for each element. Fire: for spells and relationship, Earth: for correspondences like gems, herbs and some potions also, Air: this is where I keep my poems, chants, art ect. , Water: for my tarot readings, runes, precognition ect. and a book of spirit for my creed, info on deities, the fey, and also for info on different types of magic and for sabbats
- —Guest Kasha
My Book of Desires
- My Desires, My Dreams, My Hopes and My Wishs! For you see I'm just 3 munths old to Spell Casting, But I have always belived in magick and such... I belive beacuse when I was a child around about the time I turned 6 I began to see glipses in to the future, But back then at that age I just thougt they where dreams so I never said anything. Little did I know that the year I turned 16 one of my most scerry (DREAMS) would come true My Motheres Deth I'm A Mammas boy. So now I use that gift or whatever if you prefere to fuel my spells and wishs. I give you 2 examples one I wished that my Aunt would go away for a mounth and it happed, two I've been wishing for snow sicne I was a child and know that I'm 23ys old and uesing my powers for spells and wishs theres is a snow storm slowly heading here to Panama City,Florida!! As for my Book of Desires when I get a substanchle job I will buy some white legther to match my pale skin and as I age and learn so will it, Peace Be to All who read this.
- —Guest Alexander Star