What I Made
Crochet Goddess Doll
What Inspired Me
I wanted to make something pagan for children, as there seems to be so little.
I had always thought a goddess doll would be great for kids as the arms can easily be used like a handle.
I wanted a simple pattern than could very easily be embellished so that the doll could be used like a amulet or poppet.
Something that can be as plain or if making one for yourself, elaborate as you'd like.
So far I have only made plain dolls but I'm planning on making a few element inspired dolls.
Tips and Tricks
- wrap up herbs &/or gems in a piece of cloth & place in the doll while stuffing.
- use a colour of wool to represent a element, season etc
- stitch on sigils, runes etc
- use gem stone beads, threaded on the wool as you crochet, for a round, to create a necklace of beads. Stitched on beads have a tenacity of coming loose. Not good if you plan to give the doll to a child. This way the beads will only come off if the beads break.
- stuff as you make the doll....I found the more stuffing the better as it helps to retain the shape.
- Let your imagination run free!