You’ve found the coven that you think is right for you – in fact, they’re PERFECT!! -- and they’ve asked you to join. What do you do? Before you say yes, ask yourself the following:
- Can I fulfill the time commitment required of me?
- Can I follow the coven’s rules, such as the fact that other members’ names and some of the rituals may be considered secret or oathbound?
- Can I continue to get along with everyone in this group?
- Is there room for me to grow spiritually and advance in my studies?
- If something happens and I choose to leave the coven, will the other members be accepting of my choice?
- Will my family or spouse support me in my decision to join a coven?
If you’re able to honestly answer “yes” to every single one of the above questions, then this might just be the right coven for you. Accept the offer of membership with grace and dignity, and do your best to uphold your end of the coven’s oath. After all, a coven is a small family, only better – because you get to choose your coven!