In some circumstances, banishing may be far more complex than simply sprinkling some salt and telling someone (or something) to go away. If you have a person, for instance, who is harassing you, a banishing ritual may be called for. A banishing ritual should include a combination of the following:
- The name of the person you wish to banish from your life
- A specific and active description of what you intend to happen. For instance, “Make Susan a better person” is rather vague and passive - instead, try “Susan will stop harassing me at work.”
- A magical link, or taglock, connected to the person you wish to banish
A great deal of magic relies on symbolism. You can use this to your advantage in a banishing, by doing things such as freezing someone’s behavior, binding them from continuing the behavior, or reflecting the negative behavior back at them. Some simple methods include:
- A “chill out” spell, in which the person’s name is placed in a container of water and frozen.
- A basic binding which metaphysically ties the hands of the individual. Try the tongue-binding spell if you’re dealing with someone who is spreading nasty rumors about you.
- Use a box with mirrors inside it to reflect negativity back to the individual who is harassing you.
Finally, more complex banishings can be performed if needed. You can create a banishing spell using the basic Spell Creation Template, and perform it as necessary. Feel free to make your banishing ritual or spell as over-the-top and extreme as you wish - getting rid of someone who is causing you pain or heartache is a pretty significant thing, so unleash as much magical mojo as you feel you need.
Be sure to read Banishing Spells and Folklore for specific ideas on how to banish an individual that is causing problems in your life.