To Gain Financial Success
- Material: satin, green or gold or silver
- Herbs: clover, chamomile, ginger, cinnamon
- Gemstones: snowflake obsidian or sodalite
Create a poppet that represents you yourself. As you make it, focus on the positive attributes that you possess which will make you appealing to a potential employer. Another option is to create the poppet in the image of the employer (include business cards or letterhead inside, if you can get them) and tell the employer poppet why you're the best person for the job.
To Heal a Sick Person
- Material: White cotton or unbleached muslin
- Herbs: Lemon balm, feverfew, ivy, and pine.
- Gemstones: Bloodstone, turquoise
When you make this poppet, be sure to indicate what you are trying to heal, whether it's a case of tennis elbow, a chronic infection, or even a broken heart. Focus all of your energy on the ailment in question.
To Bring Love Into Your Life
- Material: Red or pink silk or cotton
- Herbs: Rose petals, parsley, and peppermint
- Gemstones: Barite, jade, rose quartz
Make a poppet to represent the object of your affection -- remember that in some magical traditions it's frowned upon to make a specific person the target of your working. If you are simply trying to attract love to yourself, but you don’t have a specific person in mind, focus on all the desirable qualities you want to see in a potential lover.
Silencing a Gossip
- Material: Ground beef or other squishy meat
- Herbs: Horseradish, pepper, rue, yarrow, valerian
Shape the meat and herbs into a person, and create a "meat puppet" in the same way you'd make a fabric one. As you make the doll, tell it that it's time to be silent, and tell no more gossipy stories. Remind it that people who can't say nice things shouldn't say anything at all. Dispose of the doll by either burning it on your grill and burying it someplace far away, feeding it to your dog, or leaving it out in the sun to rot.
Emergency Poppet on the Fly
- Material: Aluminum foil
Perhaps something has come up in a hurry, and you feel it needs immediate magical attention. Use a piece of aluminum foil to whip together a quickie poppet -- shape it into the figure of a person. Fill with any magical components that might be handy -- bits of wood, dirt, grass, even a name scribbled on a piece of paper -- and personalize the poppet.