Melt the soy wax or beeswax according to the manufacturer’s instruction (soy wax melts at a low temperature and can be microwaved in a plastic container). Once it has melted completely, add your choice of fragrance and herbs. Gently pour them into the open locket. Once the wax has hardened, use a knife to scrape off any excess so the locket will be able to close.
You can give these as gifts to friends or carry one around yourself.
The lockets in the photos include mugwort, a few drops of ylang-ylang, and a few drops of rosemary. You can try some of these combinations - either as oils or in their dried herbal form - for various purposes:
- To alleviate depression, combine mugwort, dandelion and lavender.
- For good fortune, use chamomile, basil and clover.
- To bring love your way, use peppermint, cinnamon, rose, and clove oil.
- Having trouble sleeping? Add rosemary, lavender and thyme to your locket.
- If you're struggling financially, try patchouli, pennyroyal, mint and apple.