1. Religion & Spirituality

Patti Wigington

Candy Molds & Cookie Cutters

By November 17, 2013

It's that time of year already, and I'm already making my Yule Baking List for this season, in hopes of getting started early. I thought it might be a good idea to share some of the great Pagan-themed products that are out there. I've blogged about these before, but I can't say enough about the high quality of the candy molds at Silver Enchantments. I have several of their chocolate molds, including the pentacle, the ritual tools, and the triquetra. They're made of heavy-duty plastic, and are very durable, so some of the folks on my gift list will be getting chocolate goodies this year.

Also, I had spent many years looking for a goddess-shaped cookie cutter, which I found thanks to a reader who pointed me towards Kitchen Collectables. I have two of these cookie cutters - one hanging up as a decoration, and one that I use for actual cookies. The copper is heavy grade and hasn't bent at all in the two years or I've been using it, so it's perfect for stamping out multiple goddess cookies.

A reader named Glinda recommends this one from Cucina Aurora: Goddess Cookie Cutter, which she says "is nice and heavy and well made plus a very nice shape."

Got a Pagan-themed product you like to use when you're working on Yule goodies and gifts? Share it in our Comments section so other readers can give it a try as well!
Join Our Pagan Community:
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Google+ ~ Free Newsletter & E-Courses
Comments
November 11, 2010 at 2:04 pm
(1) Robin Larkspur says:

Wow, I never knew about these candy molds and cookie cutters! Thanks, I see a whole new world opening up to me for Yule gifts! thanks Patti!

November 11, 2010 at 3:16 pm
(2) Chelsey says:

These are too cute! I have some friends who will be getting Goddess cookies and lots of chocolates this Solstice!

November 11, 2010 at 7:05 pm
(3) Lori F - MN says:

More thoughts! How about a large sheet cake with goddesses cut out, like biscits and frosted. or even use bread dough and make goddess loafs.

Oh, I wish I was a baker or made candy.

November 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm
(4) Rue says:

These are so brilliant – thanks for the head’s up! What a great thing to make for gatherings!

November 11, 2010 at 10:48 pm
(5) GreenEyedLilo says:

I totally wish I’d known about these for Samhain! But I will for Yule and will have them as the wheel turns around. Thank you so much for sharing this! I’m already visualizing the candy and cookies cooling on my counter!

November 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm
(6) Glinda says:

Thanks so much for sharing Patti! my sister has a few of these molds and I can attest as a consumer that they work fabulously ;)
Cucina Aurora also has an adorable goddess cookie cutter, I picked one up for said sis at this year’s PPD: http://www.cucinaaurora.com/catalog.php?cat=1&prod=28

I can attest that that one also is nice and heavy and well made plus very nice shape!

November 16, 2010 at 4:18 pm
(7) Ashanna says:

Do you know where i can purchase some of those in Europe? Because some are delivering only in US only… Thank you

November 17, 2010 at 11:00 am
(8) Heather says:

I ordered the pentacle, rune, and alter set candy molds. They are adorable. I tried making the gummie candy recipe from About.com’s candy website with wonderful results. Cutest gummies ever.

November 18, 2010 at 12:55 am
(9) Starrwoode says:

Its really fun that they are making these great candy molds now. You can also use these same candy molds to mold soaps. wax attatchments for candles, unbaked sculpey type clays, and plaster. Once used for something other than food I dont think i would use them for candy again, but they are versitile in their uses. Plaster items can be attatched to wooden plaques, craft ribbon for hanging, and paper mache. The sculpey can be used for pendants if you put a hole in it before baking as well as the uses for plaster items. Wax attatchments can make dollar store candles special and soaps can be wonderful gifts as well as used before ritual bathing.

November 6, 2011 at 1:00 pm
(10) Ariasna says:

The Silver Enchantments website specifically states that their candy molds are not to be used for soaps. This probably has to do with the thickness of the plastic in the mold.

Also decorative soaps can be made from these molds. Decorative soaps in seashell and holiday shapes used to be very popular.

November 18, 2010 at 1:56 am
(11) neta says:

If you like to make paper these candy molds make great little ornaments for gift packages, tie on baskets of cookies, etc. Have fun

November 8, 2012 at 7:16 pm
(12) Victoria says:

I think that Etsy (www.etsy.com) would be a good source. I’m actually not finding anything right now, but a lot of sellers let you request custom items.

Looked again (search “pagan cookies”) and I found pentacle cookie stampers, which I’m sure lots of you will appreciate. Most Etsy sellers ship outside the US.

I personally am one of those Pagans who doesn’t use a pentacle so lots of these cookie cutters aren’t very useful for me.

Blessings,
Victoria

November 9, 2012 at 8:17 am
(13) Calista Atterberry says:

Never thought about giving it to someone. I don’t even know someone who makes cookies. Guess I’ll start giving so that they will be encouraged to make cookies for everyone.

November 27, 2012 at 8:59 pm
(14) Tamera says:

I just ordered cookie cutters and molds from both of your suggested sites.Can’t wait to get them and start baking.Thanks so much.These aren’t easy to find.The third one said error when I tried it.Just to give ya a heads up on that one.Happy Yule to all! Blessed Be