1. Religion & Spirituality

Patti Wigington

The Booty Enhancement Spell is Back!

By June 20, 2012

Thanks to a few readers who took time out of their Ebay shopping adventures to email me about this one. A couple of years ago, a "BOOTY ENHANCEMENT Spell Cast by Powerful Wiccan Witch" was offered up on the auction site by a seller named Amelia (Moonstruck9000). Good news, if you missed the previous sale. Amelia is back, and she's got more than TEN of these available!

Amelia (the powerful Wiccan witch) reminds us that firm, sexy curves drive men wild. Why bother with a gym membership or eating healthy food when you can just have her cast a powerful butt-enhancing spell for you?

So, now that we're all on board with asking a stranger to cast a spell giving us firmer cheeks, it's a good time to remind everyone of this article: Should You Pay for Spellcasting Services?

Oh, and here's a very powerful chant you should use if you buy spells off Ebay: CAVEAT EMPTOR. Repeat as needed.

Addendum: A couple of eagle-eyed readers browsed through other listings by "Amelia" and discovered she's actually using someone else's photo - some of the images on Amelia's Ebay listings are in fact pictures of Sabrina the Ink Witch, who occasionally comments here. So, in addition to making your butt grow firmer, Amelia is able to make herself look like a whole 'nother person!

Follow Pagan/Wiccan on Twitter or Join Me On Facebook.
Comments
June 20, 2012 at 9:50 am
(1) Kris Bradley says:

Looking at her listings, I’m pretty sure that “Amelia” is using a picture of Sabrina the Ink Witch to represent herself! LOL! Oh, poor Amelia… she’s gonna be in trouble….

June 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm
(2) Rowan ferch Gwynedd says:

Do people honestly pay for this kind of spell? And if they do, do they really believe it will work? As far as I have experienced the gods do not give what you can achieve through your own effort. Magick for me is more spiritual or to help you achieve what is possible. And gives you the spiritual support that you need to achieve it yourself. I personally believe that outside influences that boost your confidence (or other feelings) come from the gods. Also things like luck come to you directly from the gods when you have a need for it. When I am granted this luck or whatever I give thanks to them for that gift, no matter how small or how big it is.

June 21, 2012 at 3:22 pm
(3) Redbad says:

I find people who pay for such as this as funny as those who pay for a potato chip that looks like Jesus. We need to include remembrance of these poor souls when making offerings to the gods.

June 22, 2012 at 2:05 am
(4) AmethJera says:

Amelia “The Powerful Wiccan Witch” has a photograph of my friend Sabrina the Ink Witch as her profile pic. This is truly misleading and it implies she’s not only impersonating Sabrina, she’s linking her ridiculously bogus product to a respected member of the Community.

‘Moonstruck’ is the least she’s going to be when the Three Fold Boomerang Whammy Law comes back to her, LOL.

June 23, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(5) Lisa says:

The picture was taken down….I guess someone found out! ^_~ lol

Anyway, it says she’s sold 69 of these already…what some people are willing to pay for, right? Did anyone check out her other listings? Some of them make me giggle :)

June 26, 2012 at 8:44 am
(6) Gary says:

Hi,

On the stealing picture thing; one thing I determined early on in my pagan path is: Never piss off a real witch. It could get you into a lot of trouble.

June 26, 2012 at 8:55 am
(7) DocRocks says:

Nothing magical about “enhancing” your booty. Just keep eating Twinkies and DingDongs and that will accomplish the same thing. Or at least, Lucky Charms- they are magically delicious.

June 26, 2012 at 8:57 am
(8) Kaylor says:

There are thousands of these auctions on Ebay. They are FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY! Some of them go to far, and promise to much. One seller threatens to put a nasty curse on you, if you are not happy with your item or threaten to leave bad feedback. She’s not who she says she is either.

Sabrina the Ink Witch is on my FB friend list.She’s adorable and posts great stuff! FB wants you to use your real name and photo. Is her real name Sabrina the Ink Witch? Me thinks not. Let her that is without sin….cast the first lightening bolt.May the best witch win! LOL Blessed Be )O(

June 26, 2012 at 9:01 am
(9) Larry says:

This opens up a HUGE can of worms:

For as long as there have been healers, midwives, oracles, and spell-casters, there has been the idea that those who spend day and night concerning themselves with the well being (both spiritual and physical) of others deserve something in recompense. While I believe this is true, it gives charlatans like this one an opportunity to prey on others. Who would think that a physician should live destitute while she gives her life to help others be healthy. And not all Doctors who practice medicine are rich, btw: most will never be able to pay off their education, pay for outrageous malpractice insurance, and still manage to raise a family without money worries. (Pardon the digression).

That said, there are also legalities to be concerned with: There are some states in the USA where it is against the law to charge for oracles and these laws are enforced. Same with spell-casting, astrology, and the sale of talismans/amulets with the claim of magic powers attributed to them. So, many practitioners offer their services with the disclaimer “For Entertainment Purposes Only”.

I say its OK to charge for a spell, but lets do it like it was done in ancient Europe; use the bartering system. Bring me some chickens or some bacon and after we do a reading, we’ll have breakfast together. How about a new pair of shoes to replace the ones I’ve worn out walking to your house to help you bless and consecrate your new living quarters?

But when someone asks for an extravagant sum to do a magickal working you can bet your last dollar that you are getting a serious cleansing because you have certainly been taken to the cleaners!

BB,
Larry

June 26, 2012 at 10:04 am
(10) Kari Tompkins says:

Booty…. Enhancement…..

You know what? I just don’t get it.

June 26, 2012 at 11:00 am
(11) Robin C. Dukes says:

Geewhiz.. and I was doing things the hard way….giggling!

June 26, 2012 at 11:01 am
(12) Jaye says:

I once saw a vampire spell and werewolf spell on eBay. They were so bizarre. The werewolf spell listed things like giving the person the ability to breathe under water, which… yeah. Then the seller went on to mention something along the lines of “If you see other spells for really cheep, they aren’t legit! Only spells selling for lots of money are the real thing!” And their listing was going for $500. The vampire one was just as ridiculous.

June 26, 2012 at 11:12 am
(13) jennifer says:

This is a huge scam! And absolutely rediculace! And why on earth is she useing Sabrina’s photo….

June 26, 2012 at 12:01 pm
(14) Meadowhawk says:

You know what? I think maybe I was hit by that spell! Anyone know a good reversal charm? Ha ha

June 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm
(15) Azmaria says:

Booty Enhancement… Vampire and Werewolf spells? It is sad when people post stupid things like that. Even worse when they say powerful Wiccan or Witch. Gives us real Wiccans and Witches a bad name. I am sure they don’t do anything but watch the money roll in. If people are dumb enough to buy it ,its on them. Stealing peoples pictures is as low as it gets. If someone stole mine I would be livid. Everyone has a reputation and it can be damaged beyond repair by careless thoughtless people. Blessings all and I hope your pictures stay yours in the future! Thanks patti for posting this! Maybe it will prevent a little stupidity!

June 26, 2012 at 2:33 pm
(16) Mija says:

I’m sorry I have to laugh, people can be so stupid. They buy these “spells” and expect them to work. REALLY?! I have to say though, the people that come up with the idea…pretty smart. They know there are people that will fall for it. However, it give Wicca/Witchcraft a bad name. And that’s the part that makes me mad.

June 26, 2012 at 3:20 pm
(17) Lisa Mulloy says:

Does the spell come with a copy of Sir Mix A Lot’s “Baby Got Back”? I need a reversal spell, too, because someone zapped me when I wasn’t looking! :-)

June 26, 2012 at 5:23 pm
(18) Qedesh says:

Reallyyy… Like lets get serious here.. You have to be pretty stupid and ignorant to sell things online specially Booty Spells, or Spells in general… Hmmm….Good Goddess my grandmum must be turning in her grave, but funny thing is the people that buy them are just or more ignorant then they are… purchasing things of that matter and getting sucked in, makes me wonder if we as a species have advanced in that department specially the newcomer to The Arts. It’s ignorance like this that makes us Witches Pagan and Wiccans look like we are a bunch of nutters in the eyes of other people and The Arts as well… Oh and using another Witches print to benefit and profit … That’s a big NO NOOO…

June 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm
(19) Qedesh says:

Hahaha Lisa Mulloy your comment is pretty funny I like that lol

June 26, 2012 at 10:34 pm
(20) uaine says:

Hey, think she’s got one to shrink a booty? I might be interested in that one, lol……

June 26, 2012 at 11:03 pm
(21) Thistle Downe says:

The thing I really find absolutely hysterically funny is the fact that she has sold 69 of these “Booty Spells” already, and is a “Top Rated Seller” with “100% Positive Feedback”…
Seriously….Really????
LMFAOROF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: ” Upon purchase of a spell I will set up an alter solely for your spell to be cast. Be assured your desired outcome will receive my undivided attention. This will include the use of candles, herbs, oils, gemstones, tools and some other items that may be required to bring results. Your spell will be complete within 24 48 hours of purchase depending on the complexity of your spell. I will send you a confirmation upon completion via ebay message. You can expect to feel positive energy immediately that will increase in strength daily. Some of my clients say they experience a tingly sensation while I cast the spell. ”

Hmmmm…69 altars set up so far…I surely hope she resides on a very LARGE plot of land!

Frauds and hucksters…gotta’ love ‘em for the laughter they can bring.

June 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm
(22) cathy webber says:

Well, I have certainly seen a lot of strage things on EBAY, such as so called haunted dolls and the like. I mean, Why pass it on to someone else? So when we get in our 50s, we are more concerned with just being healthy as opposed as to what our butt looks like!!

July 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm
(23) Francena Austin says:

“Booty spell” really? Isn’t it easier and cheaper to do 2 minutes of exercise and or in pleasure eat some ice cream? Things like this is why I get funny looks when people find out my beliefs…sad. Yet I feel compelled that it is not my place to judge ( It isn’t). So if it makes 69 people happier and that person who sold it can now pay their rent. I guess for that I can endure the funny looks ;)