1. Religion & Spirituality

Patti Wigington

Ted Andrews Passes Away

By October 28, 2009

I've been hearing rumblings for a day or two, but waited to post until I had some confirmation. Word has trickled down that Ted Andrews passed away on October 24th, following a battle with cancer. Ted was best known for his work with animals, and finding ways to connect to their spirits as part of magical practice. I had the privilege of meeting Ted a couple of years ago at the Universal Light Expo, and he struck me as someone who had genuinely found a calling. There was no artifice, no facade, just a bright and vibrant man who loved animals and wanted to help others find peace. He was the author of a number of books on psychic work, auras, and of course, working with animals in spirituality. Ted's work touched the lives of many people, and he will be missed by the Pagan community.

Follow Pagan/Wiccan on Twitter or Join Me On Facebook!
Comments
October 28, 2009 at 10:56 am
(1) Leisl says:

He was one of my favorite authors. Of all the cards I own, his Nature-Speak Oracle is my favorite divinatory deck to use.

October 28, 2009 at 12:21 pm
(2) Goddess Power says:

Ted Andrews left a magnificent legacy of knowledge and teachings that will long be remembered. Richest blessings on your journey, Ted, until we meet again.

October 28, 2009 at 4:50 pm
(3) heard it too, but? says:

I have heard it too, and i am not sure… as they have not announced it on his webpage – and when googling I only find there is another man with the same name that died this month, wonder if they have mixed it together or not…. rumours go fast …..

October 29, 2009 at 8:44 am
(4) Tammi says:

Sadly, it was the author Ted Andrews that passed — but it had nothing to do with cancer. He will be greatly missed by many!

October 29, 2009 at 9:37 pm
(5) don says:

So how did he die? What a wonderful spirit … he helped many.

October 29, 2009 at 10:28 pm
(6) Goddess Power says:

Ted passed after a 3-year battle with cancer. Actually, it was pneumonia to which he finally succumbed. There is so much he can do from the other side and that brings me the joy of knowing that he will always be with us. Blessed be, Ted.

October 30, 2009 at 1:00 pm
(7) Karen/Baltimore says:

This breaks my heart (selfishly), but I am happy for him. There must be quite a dance fest going on ‘over there’. I have all of his books and have used his information/experience in my Reiki work. His writings, his words, his vision has validated me and my experiences growing up in a non-magical world more than any writer I have read. I am grateful for his help of us ‘different ones’. I am sure that his legacy is a planet that is a bit more delightful because he graced it for a while!

Blessings, Ted! Thank you!

Karen

October 31, 2009 at 1:07 pm
(8) MoonGypsy says:

The world is a better place for Ted having been here. What better epitaph? He will be greatly missed here…

November 2, 2009 at 6:00 pm
(9) Stefan says:

Tears on my face. Let the animal spirits be with you Ted. For the animals callings

November 3, 2009 at 9:43 am
(10) Priestess Lunna Dragon says:

Animal Speak is a wonderful book. I use it daily and recommend it often. You will be missed Ted. Blessings to you on your new journey.

Love and Light
)O(

November 3, 2009 at 6:11 pm
(11) Athena Ravenmoon says:

What a truely sad loss for the Pagan community. Ted was a shining light for many in our community. He will be greatly missed but I have a feeling that he’s living it up right now on the other side of the veil.

Blessings on you Ted,

Athena Ravenmoon

November 3, 2009 at 8:59 pm
(12) DebJ says:

Why are you running a bible advertisement from the Church of Later Day Saints on the Wiccan page?!

November 3, 2009 at 10:36 pm
(13) paganwiccan says:

DebJ – actually, I’m not. About.com, and the New York Times are running the ad. The Mormon church pays big bucks for advertising space so that Pagan readers can get information for free :)

For more on this, here’s the FAQ: What’s Up With Those Mormon Ads?

patti

November 4, 2009 at 2:40 am
(14) Gypsy Crow says:

I was Priestessing a Samhain ritual at my home on Sunday evening with 30 people in attendance. We were lighting candles and calling out to our ancestors, pets and meaningful spirits when one of the members announced Ted Andrews passing and praised him. I was shocked to hear the news and at least glad we could honor him at such a special time of the year. I see the news was posted on 10-28-09 but I didn’t get this email until today. Bright blessings along your journey Ted, be it winged, fourfooted or twofooted – your direction and connection has meant so much to this evergrowing community!

November 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm
(15) Dhyanna Adya says:

Ted -

You will be missed, but I’m sure there are many happy souls to greet you where you are now. Thank you for sharing your heart and your knowledge with us all.

Goddess bless your journey – Dhyanna

November 6, 2009 at 2:17 pm
(16) Forest Star says:

Mr. Ted Andrews was an absolute inspiration to me and his animal teachings are the gift that he has left us. I hold his books dear to my heart and use them often, I am so glad that I discovered them, they are my bible, there is no one like him.
Safe journey Ted thank you and Bless you xx

November 10, 2009 at 8:58 pm
(17) Black Kat says:

Ted, It was a pleasure to meet you & attend one of your lectures. What a storyteller! You will be sadly missed, but your work will live on throughout the Pagan community forever.
Love & Light,Kat

January 10, 2010 at 7:39 pm
(18) starcrow54 says:

Oh my God, I just went to Dragonhawk publishing to buy another book by Ted andrews and found he has passed away!!??!! I just can’t beLIEVE it:( I have so many of his books and such. The world just won’t be the same:( What a WONderful human being and voice for animals that he was. I am numb. May you rest in peace Ted, you will be missed so much!!! Blessings, Nancy

January 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm
(19) Patricia says:

I’m am so saddened to hear about Ted Andrews. His book “AnimalSpeak” has been a blessing in my life. There is no doubt he is in a place of love and peace. What a lovely soul…

February 4, 2010 at 8:03 pm
(20) Ron Colbert says:

I was shocked today when I heard that Ted Andrews had passed away. I met Ted at the San Angelo Texas Holistic Rodeo in April of 2007. He was wonderful, so full of life, a great story teller. I have been a fan of his work since I discovered his book Imagick many years ago. He will be missed, but I feel he will continue his great calling on the other side.

July 12, 2010 at 10:07 am
(21) Ardis Johnson says:

I loved Ted Andrew’s work. Did he really die from cancer? How could he with all the knowledge he had about healing? When a great man like this dies, it needs clarification as to how he died. It doesn’t make sense that cancer took him. He was so awake!!!
He was an example of how to live; it is discouraging that he died as they say he did.
Hopefully someone has the details.

September 5, 2011 at 5:03 am
(22) Rych says:

Perhaps the reason DragonHawk hasn’t stated that he has passed is because Ted isn’t ready to let the world know he’s not physically here anymore? Its now late 2011 if Dragonhawk were to state that he has passed, they would have done it by now. The best thing we can do for him is to use what he’s taught each of us and share with others. We must co-create abundance by sharing. That’s what he would want, I believe.

September 10, 2011 at 11:43 am
(23) COTS51 says:

Ted Andrews, you are honoured. A man who has so humbly shared his teachings. Creator has put you on all of our paths, helping us to know our relations. Our seven Grandfather teachings bring you close to the children. They know you spoke to 2 and 4 legged and winged and water peoples. You brought their messages to us. You are with our Ancestors. Onen

April 13, 2012 at 7:40 am
(24) Llinda Green says:

I am in shock! I met and studied with Ted before he was published. He was not only a great author, he was a great teacher and intuit. I had lost contact with him and was looking his name up to see if I could find him. My sincere prayers and thoughts to his family.
Thank you Ted for all that you shared with us all.
Linda

April 22, 2012 at 12:31 am
(25) Terek says:

Thank you for everything you tought me, Ted. Transform/deer/quantum physics….
I love you….

November 17, 2012 at 3:03 pm
(26) Joyce Roberson says:

I am so sorry to hear of Ted Andrews passing just now in 2012! His book “Animal Speak” is one of my favorite books ever! I refer to it often. I met Mr. Andrews years ago in Minneapolis and he signed my book! He spent many minutes with me and I will miss him very much! What a wonderful man!!

December 3, 2013 at 7:29 pm
(27) Nigel E. Ward says:

He is truly missed met him in 2006 or 2007 wise man.