1. Religion & Spirituality

Patti Wigington

Hey, Pagan Homeschoolers!

By September 9, 2007

More and more Pagan and Wiccan families are turning to the option of homeschooling.

Admittedly, even those of us who don't formally "homeschool" still like to spend a lot of time educating our kids in ways that are both fun and exciting. The good news is that there are a number of different resources available for parents trying to educate their kids while following a Pagan or Wiccan path. One of these tools is the Pagan Moonbeams Newsletter, which features short lesson plans as well as celebrations and customs, an altar tools crossword puzzle, and a focus on community. Definitely worth checking out if you've got young ones at home, and don't know where to start their Pagan or Wiccan education!

If you're interested in more about Pagan or Wiccan homeschooling -- or if your kids go to public school but you'd still like to do some home-educating -- check out some of these worthy links:

• Goddess Moon Circles Academy [link no longer active]: Hands down, one of the best Pagan homeschool resources on the Internet.
  • Homestead Pagan Homeschool Page [link no longer active]: a huge resource of homeschooling information for Pagan and Wiccan families.
  • Oak Meadow Homeschool Page: while not Pagan specifically, their curriculum is definitely Pagan-friendly.
  • Stella Australis' Pagan Colouring Book [link no longer active]: Although this isn't homeschool-specific, some of the coloring pages here are a lot of fun, and would fit well into an educational project.
  • Solitary Pagan Network [link no longer active]: A good collection of resources and writings available to Pagan and Wiccan homeschooling families.
  • Unitarian Universalist Homeschoolers: While not Pagan, the UU Church is extremely Pagan-friendly, and their homeschool curriculum would work well for people whose local school districts require them to have a parent organization as a homeschool sponsor.

(Image © Manchan/Getty Images 2007)
Comments
October 6, 2007 at 2:11 pm
(1) Melanie says:

I appreciate the pagan homeschool info. Would love to see more. . .
Thanks

August 19, 2009 at 3:53 pm
(2) brista says:

Some of your links are dead1!

August 19, 2009 at 4:59 pm
(3) paganwiccan says:

Since this blog post is almost two years old, it’s entirely possible that some of the information is no longer up to date. I’d encourage anyone who is interested in learning about Pagan homeschooling to do a quick Google to see what’s out there – feel free to post links to more current info.

patti

January 24, 2011 at 3:59 am
(4) jolene says:

many links are broken and old :(

January 24, 2011 at 8:18 am
(5) paganwiccan says:

Unfortunately, because this blog post is over three years old, peoples’ links often die out over time.

The Unitarian Universalist link is still good, as is the one for Oak Meadow. If any readers have more up-to-date links to offer, please let me know so I can replace the dead ones.

patti

March 17, 2011 at 1:12 pm
(6) Anne Newkirk Niven says:

Please let folks know that all eight (8) years of The Blessed Bee are STILL IN PRINT. Over 1000 pages of Pagan family resources including rituals, recipes, coloring pages, articles, crafts and much more. Thanks!

April 26, 2011 at 9:25 pm
(7) jennifer zimmer says:

i need help plz email me and i will explain everything. i feel like a lost cause, esp when i want to go to college and no college will accept me bc of the lact of schooling i had as a child, and bc they refuse to give me what i request thru the ADA (americans w/ disabilities act), a special ed tutor. i do have my high school diploma.

April 26, 2011 at 9:44 pm
(8) paganwiccan says:

Jennifer, I’m not sure that the assistance you need is something that’s within the scope of this website. If your issue is that you can’t get into a college because you were homeschooled, you should take that up with your state’s Board of Education.

Best of luck to you!

patti

October 21, 2011 at 6:45 pm
(9) Sari says:

Do you know of anyway to get the Goddess Moon Circles Academy Curriculum? I saw it awhile ago and now my son is almost 4 and wanted to purchase it. Now i can kick myself i didnt just do it sooner. But from the sample it had looked awesome! I haven’t found anything similar yet.
Thanks

December 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm
(10) Meadow says:

I have just started a new site about Pagan Homeschooling. Feel free to check it out as we grow at http://paganhomeschooling.com

March 18, 2013 at 11:30 am
(11) Terri says:

Little Pagan Acorns is a new site that is actually still operating! Lots of free Pagan homeschooling printables.